An introduction to DSA SharePoint Central
DSA SharePoint Central is the Division’s central internal communications hub on SharePoint.
- DSA SharePoint Central is a VT-Access site, meaning that anyone within the university’s SharePoint system can see and read about the DSA and some of our current key initiatives.
- Announcements is the new “listserv messages” location, where information will be pushed out to DSA employees.
- Discussions will be where key content is shared, questions can be asked, and initial high-level sharing will occur.
- The Calendar will house divisional events, key academic calendar dates, and other important dates or events of interest to Student Affairs.
- On the left there is a side bar. You’ll find Public Site Quicklinks to key DSA items — our website, the staff page, leadership and the strategic plan.
DSA Initiatives on DSA SharePoint Central
These have been identified as key focus areas divisionally that all staff should be aware of and well-versed in; we wanted to highlight them here and put information quickly at your fingertips.
- High Impact Practices will include information on Mentorships, Internships, study abroad, and other High Impact Practices. To learn more, click on the box and then check out the HIP_tables PDF in the document library. Information from Career Services and VT Engage, in particular, will appear here.
- InclusiveVT is where we will keep you apprised of both university progress and our DSA-specific endeavors including news from the Intercultural Engagement Center, Cranwell International Center, and DSA InclusiveVT Catalysts will populate here too.
- Strengths will offer the most up-to-date information about the StregnthsFinder assessment and how we are utilizing it in awesome ways at Virginia Tech. Have you seen the list of all 34 strengths? If not, it’s here!
- Well-Being covers a lot of territory! We have the Gallup-Perdue Index report loaded and ready for you, and we’ll share information from all of our Health and Wellness areas on this site.
Using Outlook to Connect to DSA SharePoint Central
PC users can connect their Microsoft Outlook application to SharePoint, allowing them to view discussion list items, calendar updates, and announcements directly in Outlook. Below are the existing tutorials and posts for accomplishing this task:
- Here is a SWAY for connecting the DSA Calendar to Outlook.
After connecting your calendar to Outlook, I suggest you also add an alert to send you new calendar items on a daily or weekly basis so you can stay aware of new events that are being added to the calendar.
- The procedure for connecting to Outlook is the same for the discussion list.
When you add the discussion list to your Outlook, right-click on the folder and mark all as read. DO NOT DELETE any discussion items.
- The procedure for connecting the Announcements to Outlook is different as it is done through an RSS feed.
A direct connection from Outlook to SharePoint does not work using a Mac. Setting alerts will allow you to stay up to date.
- AntiVirus Software
- Banner on the Web
- Banner WebReports
- CNS - Communication Network Services
- Controller's Office
- Controller's Office Forms
- Dining Communication Job Request
- DSA Faculty and Staff Awards Nomination Form
- DSA Human Resources
- DSA Information Technology (Network Information and Forms)
- DSA Mission Statement
- Dining Services New Item / Menu Change Request Form
- Ensemble CMS
- Fleet Services
- HokieServ Request
- Leave & Work Time Reporting System (New)
- Lynda.com — Official Virginia Tech Training
- Office 365 & Sharepoint
- Planning & Business Services: Shushok Areas
- Purchase Request Form
- ShowOff Digital Sign Network
- Social Media
- TimeClock Plus
- Title IX
- Travel Expense Management
- University Directory
- Virginia Tech Purchasing
- Virginia Tech Training
- Virginia Tech TLOS Offerings
- Web-based Email